Craig-y-Dderwen’s Welsh Goats’ Cheese Bagel
Served with laverbread and grape chutney
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 7g of dried yeast
- 240ml of warm water
- 2 tablespoon s of clear Welsh honey
- 1 tablespoon o f olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of laverbread
- 8oz Welsh goats’ cheese
- egg to glaze
1. Mix together salt, flour and yeast in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together warm water, honey, olive oil and lava bread.
3. Combine the two mixtures and knead for 15 minutes.
4. Prove for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Knock back dough and divide into 8 pieces.
6. Roll dough into a sausage shape and join the ends together and seal with water.
7. Boil in water for 2 minutes then drain and place on a baking tray.
8. Brush on an egg wash.
9. Bake in an oven gas mark 7 for 8 minutes then turn the bagels over and bake for a further 8 minutes.
10. Leave to cool then slice through the centre and pipe on the goat cheese.
11. Glaze under a hot grill and serve with homemade grape chutney, balsamic reduction, chive oil and a micro herb salad.