The Royal Oak's Stuffed Lamb's Hearts
- 4 lamb hearts (trimmed of fat and centres removed, ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 50g of minced lamb
- 50g of stuffing (sage and onion works best, or make fresh if you have time)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 whole white onion
- 3 carrots
- celery stick
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- small tin of chopped tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Mix the minced lamb and stuffing together.
- Fry off red onion & mix with lamb mixture. Allow to cool.
- Chop your carrots, onion & celery roughly and fry in a little oil to brown and flavour. Do in batches for best results.
- In a deep tray pour in the brown vegetables.
- Carefully fill the hearts with the stuffing mix & place on top of the vegetables.
- Pour over stock & chopped tomatoes, ensure hearts are submerged.
- Place in oven with tinfoil for approx. 2 hours at 140-150C.
- Serve with the vegetable sauce and creamy mashed potatoes.